NEW from Cryptozoic Entertainment, The 2014/15 NHL Power Play Team-Building Game brings the excitement and passion of hockey to Collectible Card Games. You’re the captain – build your team and let chips fall where they may. The only thing that’s missing is getting a stick in their side, and letting ’em know you’re there!
2014-15 Cryptozoic NHL Power Play Team-Building Game – Game Summary
Captain your very own Pro Hockey Team in the NHL Power Play™ Team-Building Card Game! With your Captain card to guide you, put together the best team you can from names across all 30 NHL® teams. Have you everwanted to create a dream team of your favorite players? Now you can! Every card features your favorite stars of the NHL in glorious high-resolution action shots. Can you light the lamp enough times to win the game?
Compete for the best attackers, the best defenders, the best skills, and the best maneuver cards. Each card you add to your team will build upon the strategy you have chosen. Soon your team will act like a well-oiled machine and you’ll be ready to take a shot on goal. If you can beat the goalie, you score a point! The player who scores the most points wins. Games typically end with “hockey scores” like 4-3.
When you take a shot on goal, the action is tense. Before you reveal all of the tricks up your sleeve, there is a chance for defenders to interfere with your attack. The more defenders that get in your way, the harder it will be to score. After the defenders (if any) have been revealed, you play out your hand. That’s right! The defenders won’t know who’s crashing the net until after they have coordinated their defense. Now that you know what you’re up against, play your cards and see if your strategy and players were good enough to overcome the defenses and the goalie. If it is, you score!
This game is for 2-4 players. When more than two players are playing, the action simulates an entire season instead of a single game, but the rules are the same. When you beat a goalie, your team has won the seasonlong match-up between your two teams, and scoring the goal is still worth 1 point. The rules don’t change from game to game. The player who can best manage his resources, his players, and his overall strategy should rule the day. With more players, the action and competition is even more intense!
Key Selling Points
- Easy to learn gameplay
- Players from all 30 NHL teams are represented on game cards
- Great for head-to-head or multiplayer action. Only one set of rules to learn either way!
- Future expansions featuring new players and new strategies to come
- Built on a modified Cerberus Engine frame, so a lot of gamers already know how to play
- Online media advertising on consumer and retail trade sites including boardgamegeek.com and ICV2.com
- Game reviews and press coverage across major hobby, sports, and gaming media outlets to supportgame launch
- Heavily promoted at consumer event shows throughout the year, including Gen Con, PAX Prime, and San Diego Comic-Con as well as NHL sanctioned events
- Review copies sent to online media ranging from enthusiast outlets (hobby gaming, sports and general pop culture) to mainstream outlets such as USA Today for expanded consumer exposure
- Launch expanded product page on Cryptozoic.com and online media presence on the Cryptozoic Entertainment Facebook page to announce game, run special promotions, and introduce new cards and images on a continued basis up until launch
- Cross-promotions with NHL via giveaways, contents, and announcements online and at conventions/special events
At a Glance
- Number of Players: 2 – 4
- For Ages: 15 and up
- Playing Time: 30–45 minutes
- 200+ Game Cards
- 6 Oversized Captain Cards