2017 Q3 Panini NFL/NFLPA Trading Card Index – Panini America, the exclusive trading card manufacturer of the NFL and NFL Players Association (NFLPA), in conjunction with NFL Players Inc., the licensing and marketing arm of the NFLPA, unveiled the 2017 third quarter results of the NFLPA Trading Card Index. This is a quarterly report ranking the top-performing football players in the licensed trading card industry.
2017 Q1 Panini NFL/NFLPA Trading Card Index – The Index Explained
Once a quarter, the NFLPA Panini Trading Card Index ranks the top 15 rookies and top 15 veterans based on several key factors, including secondary-market transactions, overall trading volume and collectability based on on-field performance and expectations (e.g., rookie hype and collector speculation).
The NFLPA Panini Trading Card Index, listed in its entirety below, includes updated rankings for both rookies and veterans based on early speculation and pre-season and early season performances. The newest Index rankings are based on secondary-market transactions and trading volume that took place during the third quarter (July, August, September) of 2017.
2017 Q3 Panini NFL/NFLPA Trading Card Index – Results
Several rookies spent the 2017 NFL preseason making their mark for their respective NFL teams before emerging in the first four weeks of the season and offering fans a glimpse of the future. Those performances have led to a shuffling of the top 15 rookie rankings. Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson claims the new No. 1 position, up from No. 2 in the last Index. Similar upward mobility was exhibited by Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey, who claims the No. 3 spot after debuting at No. 4. Completing the top five in the third quarter are Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette (No. 2), Chicago Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky (No. 4) and fast-rising Kansas City Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt (No. 5).
On the veteran side of things, superstar QBs Tom Brady, Derek Carr and Aaron Rodgers command the first, third and fourth spots, respectively, on the Q3 list. Still-scorching Dallas Cowboys sophomores Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott remain top-five staples at No. 2 and No. 5, respectively. For the record, this marks Brady’s fifth No. 1 ranking in the last six NFLPA Panini Trading Card Index releases.
2017 Q3 Panini NFL/NFLPA Trading Card Index – Key Sales
Key sales driving the final rookie rankings this quarter include a one-of-a-kind 2017 Unparalleled Football Christian McCaffrey NFL Shield Autograph card that sold for $2,400 and a 2017 Immaculate Collegiate Football Deshaun Watson ACC Patch autograph card that sold for $1,375.
Key veteran sales driving Q3 rankings include a 2000 Contenders Football Tom Brady autographed Rookie Card that changed hands for $9,300 and a one-of-a-kind Dak Prescott autographed card from 2016 Contenders Football that sold for $7,101.
The 2017 NFLPA Panini Trading Card Index: Rookies (3Q)
- Deshaun Watson, Houston Texans
- Leonard Fournette, Jacksonville Jaguars
- Christian McCaffrey, Carolina Panthers
- Mitchell Trubisky, Chicago Bears
- Kareem Hunt, Kansas City Chiefs
- Dalvin Cook, Minnesota Vikings
- DeShone Kizer, Cleveland Browns
- Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs
- T.J. Watt, Pittsburgh Steelers
- D’Onta Foreman, Houston Texans
- Joe Mixon, Cincinnatti Bengals
- James Conner, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Kenny Golladay, Detroit Lions
- Cooper Kupp, Los Angeles Rams
- Corey Davis, Tennessee Titans
The 2017 NFLPA Panini Trading Card Index: Veterans (3Q)
- Tom Brady, New England Patriots
- Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys
- Derek Carr, Oakland Raiders
- Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
- Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas Cowboys
- Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagles
- Le’Veon Bell, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Odell Beckham Jr., New York Giants
- Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Mike Evans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Jared Goff, Los Angeles Rams
- Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs
- J.J. Watt, Houston Texans
- Joey Bosa, Los Angeles Chargers
- Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
2017 Q3 Panini NFL/NFLPA Trading Card Index
Latest posts by GTS Distribution (see all)
- 2019 Benchwarmer 25 Years Series 2 Trading Cards - March 25, 2019
- Hot in the Shop – Week of March 25th, 2019 – MLB Opening Day!! - March 25, 2019
- This Week on Go GTS – Week Ending March 22nd, 2019 - March 22, 2019