2018 National Hobby Shop Day Expects Significant Growth – What started as a simple idea by a longtime GTS customer has the potential of turning into a major event for the hobby in 2018. At this month’s Industry Summit, Rob Bertrand, Senior Marketing Manager for GTS Distribution’s Sports & Entertainment Division, provided a recap of the inaugural event that took place on December 9th, 2017.
In addition, he provided a look ahead to this year’s event. The scheduled date will be on Saturday, December 8th. The timing of the event, which is the weekend following the Black Friday holiday shopping weekend, is designed to drive traffic to brick-and-mortar hobby shops that often see a lull between that weekend and the week before Christmas.
National Hobby Shop Day will once again be centered around a long-standing GTS Distribution promotion called Jerseypalooza. Customers who make a qualifying purchase will receive a choice of autographed memorabilia, absolutely FREE. This in turn can be used as an in-store raffle item on National Hobby Shop Day. Additionally, shops signing up for the event will receive an assortment of manufacturer promotional packs, supplies from UltraPro and a GTS account credit of $100 to host an in-store pizza party on National Hobby Shop Day.
2018 National Hobby Shop Day Expects Significant Growth – Planned Improvements
The success of last year’s event provided many opportunities to grow the event in 2018. Here is a look at some planned improvements for this year’s National Hobby Shop Day.
- Longer promotional lead time. Starting October 1st, 2018
- In-Store promotional items including window clings and point-of-sale flyers
- Hobby Media advertising (print/digital) – Beckett, Cardboard Connection, SCD
- Increased manufacturer involvement
- Better supplies package for distribution to individual customers
- Turnkey Facebook promotion
- Exclusive memorabilia (not used in any other previous promotion)
- Expanded social media reach
2018 National Hobby Shop Day Expects Significant Growth – Connect
- Follow National Hobby Shop Day on Twitter – @NatHobbyShopDay
- Like National Hobby Shop Day on Facebook – NationalHobbyShopDay
2018 National Hobby Shop Day Expects Significant Growth – Industry Summit Presentation
Latest posts by GTS Distribution (see all)
- 2020 Topps Heritage Baseball Cards Checklist - February 19, 2020
- Klein’s Korner: Winter Is Coming - February 19, 2020
- Topps Redemption Report for January 18th, 2020 – Alonso & Judge! - February 18, 2020