2020 Industry Summit Day Three Recap: Brandon Steiner, Brian Gray – Like many other conventions and tradeshows in the COVID-era, this year’s Industry Summit is taking place online as a virtual event. Hosted by Beckett Media, the annual B2B tradeshow for the hobby industry is an opportunity for store owners, dealers and breakers to meet with manufactures and service providers.
The Industry Summit came to a close on Wednesday. Despite the event being hosted virtually, instead of in-person, the feedback from attendees was resoundingly positive. Beckett Media worked incredibly hard to pull of this event. Given the circumstances and challenges of the times, a big congratulations goes out to Ted Barker and his team for making this year’s event a big success.
Entrepreneur and business coach Randy Nelson provided some detailed examples of what businesses need to do to protect their interests amidst COVID, how to truly excel and making health a priority.
One of the key panels of the day was hosted by show promotors, Steve Menzie (Toronto Sports Card Expo), Bobby Mintz (TRISTAR) and John Broggi (The National). All discussed how COVID has changed their business models and what the future looks like.
The event closed with two dynamic presenters; Brandon Steiner and Brian Gray, CEO and founder of Leaf Trading Cards. Steiner discussed his new company, Collectibles Exchange, the challenges of losing Steiner Sports and more.
Brian Gray provided an extremely bullish outlook of the industry as we begin to move into a new year.
Other highlights from Day Three included:
- Panini America hosted a panel on social media that was moderated by Tracy Hackler
- A breakout session on live streaming
- A conversation about the Beckett Marketplace
- A presentation by Collectibles Insurance Services
- 2022 Bowman Baseball Cards - September 17, 2021
- 2021 Rittenhouse Game of Thrones Iron Anniversary Series Two Trading Cards - September 16, 2021
- 2021 Super Break Super Slabs Multi Sport – Buyback Edition - September 16, 2021