Future Watch: Justin Herbert Pre-Draft Football Cards, Oregon – Justin Herbert played his college ball at Oregon University. He grew up in nearby Eugene, Oregon and he’s had two brothers who also play NCAA football, with his brother Patrick being redshirted at Oregon University last season. They’re all at home now and all hoping that Justin gets selected early in the 2020 NFL Draft.
In the last four years, Herbert averaged between 148 and a 167 total quarterback rating. In a game against Arizona this year he threw four touchdowns against one pick for a 211 total quarterback rating. This guy is special, and you can just look at the numbers and see that.
- 2016 – 286-428 – 66.8% 32 TD 6 INT
- 2017 – 139-206 – 67.5% 15 TD 5 INT
- 2018 – 240 -404 – 59.4% 29 TD 8 INT
- 2019 – 286 – 428 – 66.8% 32 TD 6 INT
His racked up a variety of awards, including:
- 2017 – First Team Pac-12 All-Academic All-Conference
- 2019 – Pac-12 Champion.
- 2020 – Rose Bowl Champion
- 2020 – William V Campbell Trophy (awarded to the player with the best academics, community service, and on-field performance)
Here’s what he looked like on his pro day:
Herbert is 6-6, 230 pounds so there were a few expectations of what he might be able to do at the NFL Combine. He ran a respectable 4.68 in the 40-yard dash. His vertical was 35.5″ and he added a 123” broad jump. He’s a good athlete and he will hear his name in the first half of the first round for sure.
He has a nice advantage over some of the other quarterbacks in his draft. He did get to have his pro day when many others were canceled, and it was well attended.
Will he be the second quarterback off the board? It’s possible. The NFL draft will have some twists and turns but collectors should get in on Herbert regardless.
Future Watch: Justin Herbert Pre-Draft Football Cards, Oregon – Stats
Future Watch: Justin Herbert Pre-Draft Football Cards, Oregon – More Resources
- Beckett Card Catalog – Justin Herbert
- ESPN Player Profile – Justin Herbert
- Justin Herbert – Secondary Market Pricing
Future Watch: Justin Herbert Pre-Draft Football Cards, Oregon – Image Gallery
For more from Russ Cohen, follow him on Twitter @sportsology.
Russ Cohen is the author of several top-selling sports related books.
Baseball’s Best Rookies
Numbers Don’t Lie: Mets: The Biggest Numbers in Mets History
100 Ranger Greats: Superstars, Unsung Heroes and Colorful Characters
100 Things Rangers Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die
“Strike Three!” – A Player’s Journey through the Infamous Baseball Strike of 1994
The Winter Classic: The NHL’s Savior
The Philadelphia Flyers: Images of Sports
Pioneers of Baseball
- NHL Future Watch: Ian Mitchell Hockey Cards, Chicago Blackhawks - October 11, 2021
- MLB Future Watch: Jake Cronenworth Baseball Cards, San Diego Padres - October 10, 2021
- NFL Future Watch: Micah Parsons Football Cards, Dallas Cowboys - October 9, 2021