Future Watch: Mike Williams Rookie Football Cards, Chargers – Mike Williams was selected by the Los Angeles Chargers with the seventh overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. At 6′-4″, 218 pounds he’s the prototype for today’s top receivers who can jump higher than their defenders, especially in the back of the end zone. The Chargers have a great target for their quarterback, Philip Rivers.
Williams was a star receiver for the Clemson Tigers. But injuries were a problem. He had a neck injury that forced him to be redshirted in 2015 after being a starter the year before. In 2016, he played every game. In 15 games, he led the team with 98 receptions, 1,361 yards and 11 touchdowns and he added one in the National Championship game against Alabama. After winning that game, and the title, he made himself available for the draft choosing to forego his senior year.
Mike Williams already has some great autographed rookie cards in the market. As a skill position player and top draft pick, collectors can be assured to find NFL licensed rookie cards of Williams in the complete portfolio of 2017 Panini NFL football card products during the 2017-18 NFL season.
Williams started training camp on the PUP list with a back injury. Like so many young players the team wants him to be 100% healthy before he embarks on his professional career. Right now, he’s progressing nicely and should be making an October debut.
Here’s a look at his action packed NCAA career:
Big receivers can carry defenders on their back after they make a grab. Williams can do that. He’s a touchdown maker and they’re hard to find. He’s not a speed burner but that doesn’t mean he won’t be a star. Some felt he was the best receiver in the draft. Soon he’ll get a chance to prove that to fans and football card collectors all around the country.
Future Watch: Mike Williams Rookie Football Cards, Chargers – Other Resources
- Mike Williams NFL Player Profile
- 2017 Q1 Panini NFL/NFLPA Trading Card Index
- Behind The Wax: 2017 Panini America NFLPA Rookie Premiere
- Future Watch: 2017 NFL Draft Results Bode Well for Hobby
- 2017 NFL Draft Football Card Preview
- Mike Williams Secondary Market Pricing
Future Watch: Mike Williams Rookie Football Cards, Chargers – Image Gallery
Here’s a look at several cards featuring Mike Williams in his Los Angeles Chargers uniform.
- Future Watch Special Edition: Alexis Lafreniere headed to Broadway - August 11, 2020
- Future Watch: Aristides Aquino Baseball Cards, Cincinnati Reds - August 10, 2020
- Future Watch: Max Veronneau NHL Hockey Cards, Toronto Maple Leafs - August 6, 2020