Product Rewind: 2014 Bowman Sterling Baseball Asia Edition – Why are we focusing on a product that is exclusive to distribution in Asia-Pacific? Because it is now available for sale direct to collectors in North America!! GTS Distribution, in partnership with Topps has been producing Asia exclusive product versions for a few years now. One of the most dynamic and value-laden of those products was 2014 Bowman Sterling Baseball Asia Edition.
The Bowman Sterling brand has been synonymous with high-end, quality, prospecting and the 2014 incarnation is no different. Loaded with a star-studded line-up of top prospects, many of whom have made their Major League debuts since the product’s release. These aren’t your “cup of coffee” debuts either. We are talking about legitimate franchise foundation players like Jorge Soler, Javier Baez, Kyle Schwarber (Chicago Cubs), Byron Buxton, Miguel Sano (Minnesota Twins), Carlos Correa (Houston Astros), Joc Pederson (LA Dodgers), Francisco Lindor (Cleveland Indians), Noah Syndergaard, Michael Conforto (New York Mets) and MANY, MANY, more!!
2014 Bowman Sterling Baseball Asia Edition is a dream product for breakers at both the box and the case level with (18) Autographs! A litany of low-numbered, Asia exclusive Refractors and Inserts are seeded at a minimum rate of (2) per box with most boxes including more.
NEW to Bowman Sterling for 2014 was two specific CASE GUARANTEES. Breakers will find (1) Sterling Die-Cut Autograph Box Topper and (1) Wave Refractor Box Topper in Every Case!
Here is a look at the specific Asia exclusive content:
- Base Prospect Card – Japan–Fractor – #’d to 25.
- Base Prospect Card – Japan Atomic Refractor – #’d 1/1.
- Base Rookie Card – Japan–Fractor – #’d to 25.
- Base Rookie Card – Japan Atomic Refractor – #’d 1/1.
- Darvish Refractor Die Cut – #’d to 25.
- Darvish Refractor Die Cut Relic Parallel – #’d to 10.
- Tanaka Refractor Die Cut – #’d to 25.
- Tanaka Refractor Die Cut Relic Parallel – #’d to 10.
- Prospect Autograph – Japan–Fractor Parallel – #’d to 5.
- Rookie Autograph – Japan–Fractor Parallel – #’d to 5.
- Sterling Die Cut Autograph – Japan–Fractor Parallel – #’d to 5.
- Asia Exclusive Autographs of top players from Asia – up to 5 subjects, sequentially #’d.
As you can see, the cards are ALL serial numbered to just 25 or less!
Also, as one might expect, the product features a pair of Japan’s native sons in pitchers Yu Darvish and Masahiro Tanaka. Darvish missed the entire 2015 season as he rehabs from Tommy John surgery. He is expected to make a full recovery and his cards in 2014 Bowman Sterling Asia Edition are just the type of sleepers that smart, speculating collectors look for when making investing decisions. Just imagine what this product will do, not if, but when, Darvish returns?!?!
With regards to Masahiro Tanaka, he too was plagued with a nagging elbow injury this season. While not nearly as severe, it did require off-season arthroscopic surgery. However, he still put up respectable numbers for the Yankees this season going 12-7 in 24 starts. He appeared in 154 innings with a 3.51 ERA and a .99 WHIP. His strikeouts-to-walks ratio was highly impressive with 139 K’s versus just 27 walks. His cards still trend VERY well overall and particularly overseas.
With 2014 Bowman Sterling Baseball Asia Edition finally being available for direct sale here in the U.S., collectors, flippers, investors, breakers and retailers will ALL have the opportunity to profit from this absolutely LOADED product. Now is definitely the time to take a NEW look at 2014 Bowman Baseball Asia Edition.
This announcement includes links to secondary market pricing data and a playlist of box breaks.
Product Rewind: 2014 Bowman Sterling Baseball Asia Edition – Image Gallery
- Go GTS Weekly: Keeping the Pulse of #TheHobby – December 3, 2021 - December 3, 2021
- Box Break: 2020-21 Topps Museum Collection UEFA Champions League Soccer Cards - December 3, 2021
- Box Break: 2020-21 Panini Illusions NBA Basketball Cards - December 3, 2021